Operator Job Description (11/7/2016) - West Montrose Sanitation District Job Description Job Title: Wastewater Treatment / Collection System Operator Reports To: District Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Date: November 2016 Job Summary: To perform duties associated with the operation and maintenance of the District’s wastewater treatment plant, wastewater collection system and septage receiving station; to ensure compliance with District and mandated… Read More »
West Montrose Sanitation District (WMSD) is a quasi-municipal corporation and a political subdivision of the State of Colorado, formed on April 3, 1974. WMSD provides sewage collection services for the residences and businesses within the boundaries of the District.
Board Meetings of the West Montrose Sanitation District are held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM at the District Business Office located at 239 Chipeta Road, Montrose, CO 81403. If you have any questions, please call. (970) 249-1686
- Located in Montrose County, Colorado. Montrose is 60 miles south of Grand Junction and 65 miles north of Telluride, Colorado.
- WMSD maintains approximately 26 miles of sewer line and over 500 manholes and cleanouts. The West Montrose Sanitation District provides wastewater collection and treatment service for residences and businesses within the boundaries of the District.
- The District is a political subdivision (local government) of the State of Colorado, with authority to levy taxes and set fees under limitations established by the State.
- The District is permitted to serve 3,000 taps. Currently about 1,838 taps have been sold.
- The capacity of the District’s wastewater treatment plant is 0.7 million gallons per day.